What do you need?
- 1/2 cup split Channa dal (Senaga pappu)
- 3 Green chillies
- A pinch of Tamarind
- Salt to taste
- 1/2 tsp Urad Dal
- 1/4 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Mustard seeds
- Few Curry leaves
- Heat a pan, then roast channa dal, green chillis fry on low heat in 3 spoon of oil. Stir occasionally until Channa turns light brown.
- Cool them and transfer to mixer.
- Then grind the above mixture along with a pinch of Tamarind and salt to taste by adding little water.
- Make a smooth paste. Transfer to a serving bowl.
- Roast cumin seeds, mustard seeds, urad dal, red chillies, curry leaves in 3 table spoon of oil in a seperate pan.
- Transfer the tadka to chutney and mix well.
- Serve with hot idli or dosa.
- Same kind of Chutney can be made with Ground nuts's too.