Rava Kesari or Sooji Halwa is a typical Indian sweet dish made with semolina (known as either “rava” or “sooji”). You can make it on any occasion. Rava Kesari can be eaten for breakfast, eaten as a dessert in Bengaluru and other parts of India. It is very easy to prepare and simply healthy.
- 1 cup - Rava (Sooji)
- 1 cup - Sugar
- 1 cup - Water
- 1 cup - Milk
- 8 tsp - Ghee
- 1/2 tsp - Cardomom powder-1/2 tsp
- Cashews nuts for garnish
- A pinch of orange / yellow food color
Method of Preperation
- Take a pan heat 1 tbsp of ghee and add cashews . Fry till golden brown and keep it aside for decoration.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a frying pan and roast the rava for a few minutes till hat comes to light brown color or raw flavor goes away. Be careful not to burn the rava. Then keep the roasted rava aside.
- In the same pan boil the water and milk . When the water and milk gets boil add the food colour and sugar then mix well.
- Then add fried rava to it slowly by stirring continuously , so that no lumps are formed.Keep it on medium Flame.It will take another 10 minutes.
- Grease a baking pan or a plate and pour this mixture on it. Garnish with cashews, raisins, saffron strands and cardamom powder.