Onion pakodas is a popular snack in the Indian, usually served with Tea. Onion pakodas are very ease to prepare and tasty also. It is a very good evening snack especially during a raining day. Onion pakoda is one of the popular street side snacks in Andhra Pradesh.
- 1 cup - gram flour/besan
- 1 cup - rice flour
- 1 tsp chilli powder.
- 1/4 tsp cooking soda
- 2 onions
- 2 - green chillies
- 2 tsp chopped ginger
- 2 tsp chopped green chillies
- 2 tsp chopped curry leaves
- 1/2 tsp salt
- oil for deep frying
- Chop onions into thin strips, add salt and leave it aside for 10 minutes.
- Now add curry leaves, chili powder, cooking soda and mix well.
- Add gram flour & rice flour little by little and keep mixing.
- Sprinkle very little water and then mix it slightly with your hand.
- Be careful not to sprinkle very little water as the mixture should not become soggy.
- Heat oil in a kadai and drop the mixture little by little into the oil. Just pick the mixture and drop it straight into the oil.
- Fry in low flame and when they turn brown, take it out and drain in the paper towel.
- Continue the same with the other batches of the flour.