Vada is a south Indian dish made with urad dal. It is very crispy, delicious and served hot with sambar. The most varities of the recipe are dahi vada, masala vada, medu vada, etc.,
- 3 cups urad dal
- 4-6 chopped green chillies
- 1 chopped onion
- 1 tsp chopped ginger
- Salt to taste
- Few curry leaves and coriander leaves
- Oil to fry
How to make Vada
- Wash and soak dal for 4 to 5 hours
- Drain and grind dal with 1/4 th cup of water otherwise vadas will not hold shape. Grinded paste should not be too smooth.
- Add salt, chopped onion, green chillies, ginger, curry leaves and coriander leaves to the dal and mix well.
- Heat oil in a kadai. Wet your hands and take batter, shape into small balls and make a hole in the center.
- Carefully dropped the vadas in oil and deep fry on medium flame till golden brown colour occurs.
- Now vada's are ready.
- Serve vada hot with sambar or coconut chutney.