- 1 cup Besan flour
- 1/2 cup Rice flour
- 4 Bread slices (cut the edges)
- 1/2 tsp Red chillies powder
- 1/4 tsp Vamu/omam(Ajwain)
- A pinch of Baking soda (optional)
- Salt to taste
- Oil to deep fry
- 1 tsp Oil
How to Prepare?
- Mix the flours, chili powder, salt, Vamu, and baking soda. Add some water and mix it to a thick batter.
- The batter should be thick enough to coat the bread slices evenly.
- A drop of oil can be added to the batter to make the bajjis crispier.
- Cut the bread slices evenly.
- Heat a pan with oil to fry the bread.
- If the oil is hot enough then dip the bread in the besan batter & fry it in oil.
- Add a couple of bajjis at one time and when the fritters turn golden-brown, until both sides are golden brown.
- Then remove them from the oil, and drain them on a paper towel.
- Serve hot with chutneys or tomato ketchup.