Rava laddu or rava laddoo (also known as Suji Laddu) is one of favorite sweets for festivals like Diwali, Krishna Janmashtami.
- 1 cup Rava (Sooji / Semolina)
- 1 dry Coconut (Copra)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 4 tsp Ghee
- 25 ml Milk (or Water)
- A pinch Cardamom powder
- Cashew nuts
Method to make Rava laddoo
- Take a fresh dry coconut and grate it. Keep it aside.
- Take a pan add Ghee then add slightly crush Cashew nuts and raisins. Let they change the colour little bit.
- The Cashew nuts and raisins slightly puff up in hot ghee. Add rava (sooji) and grated coconut then fry on low flame, mixing continuously till it changes into brown colour.
- Take out the mixture in a sepearte plate.
- In a seperate bowl, take all the roasted Rava- Coconut mixer. Then add the sugar. Mix well.
- Finally add cardamom powder stir well till it mixes well.
- In the same pan, slowly add the warm milk little by little as required. Check if you are able to gather as laddus.
- Take that laddu mixture into your hand and make small dumplings and let it dry for 2 hours.
- Rava laddus are ready. Store in an air tight container.
Points to be noted:
- Since we add milk, its best to consume within 5 days of making them. If you store them in fridge, you can have them for a week.
- You can also use water instead of milk for longer storing period.