IngredientsFor the batter:
- 1 cup suji (rawa) or semolina
- 1 cup curd (yogurt / dahi)
- Water as required
- Salt to taste
For the seasoning:
- 1 tsp green chilies (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal
- Cashew bits
- Few curry leaves
- 2-3 tsp chopped coriander
- 1 tsp oil.
- Heat the oil in a sauce pan and add the mustard seeds, once they splutter add the urad dal, chana dal and cashew nuts.
- Now add the ginger, green chilies, turmeric and curry leaves.
- Then add the suji (semolina) and roast it till the suji starts changing color and releases its aroma. Let it cool.
- When it gets cool, add salt, curd and water mix well until it becomes smooth.
- In idli cooker put some water to boil and pour the semolina batter in each idli slot.
- Place the Idli Mould in cooker and steam for ten minutes.
- Take it out and serve hot with chutney.
|Batter for Rava / Suji idli|