- 3/4 cups Moong (whole Green gram)dal
- 1/4 cup Raw rice
- 2 Onions (small)
- 3 Green chillies
- 2 Ginger (small pieces)
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp cumin seeds
Method of Preparation?
- Wash and soak both rice moong dal overnight (atleast 8-10 hrs).
- Next morning drain the soaked water grind dal and rice along with ginger and green chillies to a smooth consistency adding sufficient water.
- Shift the batter into bowl and add chopped onion,cumin seeds and salt.Mix well.
- Heat a non stick pan on medium heat and grease it with cooking oil.
- Pour a ladle of batter on it and spread it into a thin round layer.Sprinkle little oil over the pesarattu.
- Cook until the edges become brown,then flip over and let it cook both sides.
- Remove from the pan and serve hot with coconut chutney .