Sunnundalu / Sunni Vundalu / Urad Dal Laddu is a famous Andhra delicacy made with pure ghee. It is easy to prepare and healthy food.
- 2 cups Urad dal / Black gram lentil (without husk)
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup melted Ghee or clarified butter
- Roast the urad dal on medium heat till golden brown (take care not to burnt them). Keep stirring continuously as urad dal burns quickly.
- Let the urad dal to cool of completely.
- Mean while melt the ghee and keep it aside.
- Now take the roasted urad dal and grind it to a smooth powder using a mixer.
- Now grind the sugar to a fine powder.
- Then mix the powdered sugar to the urad dal powder in a bowl.
- Now slowly add ghee and mix with hands until the mix holds together to make them to laddus.
- Make into round balls of big lime size.
- Store them in the air tight container, they stay fresh for 15 - 20 days.