- 4 Medium Onions
- 1 cup Besan (gram flour)
- 2 tsp rice flour
- A pinch of Baking soda
- 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Salt for tast
- Oil for deep fry
Method of Preparing
- Cut the onion into long thin slices.
- Mix the besan flour and rice flour in a bowl.
- Add salt, red chilli powder, Baking soda.
- Mix it with sufficient water into a pancake batter consistency and leave it for 5 minutes.
- Heat sufficient oil in a pan for deep fry.
- Dip each onion slice in the batter and care fully leave slowly and fry in hot oil.
- Deep fry in batches for 2-3 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve hot with ketchup or any chutney.
- If you have any lemon juice, sprinkle it onto the baji.