Palakova (or Paal Kova / Doodh Peda / Milk Halwa / Pal Kova / Milk Khoa) can be easily made at home. But this will take lot of time. It requires some patience however as it is time consuming.
- 1 litre Milk (preferably full cream milk)
- 1 1/2 cup Sugar
- A pinch of Cardamom powder
- 1 tsp of Ghee/Clarified Butter
- Heat a heavy bottom vessel or pressure cooker, add milk bring to boil.
- Keep the heat on medium high and boil/simmer the milk for about 2 hours, stirring in between for every 2 to 3 minutes.
- By the end of two hours, the milk reduces in volume, becomes quite thick.
- Add ghee, cardamom powder and sugar to the thickened milk.
- Continuously stirring on medium heat, cook for about 30 to 45 minutes.
- Pala kova is ready. Off the flame. Serve after it cool.