- 4 cups All purpose flour
- 1 cup Water
- Salt to taste.
Steps for making Parotta:
- Mix maida (all purpose) flour, salt, 2 tsp oil and slowly add water little by little to this. Make it like a chapathi dough.
- Cover the dough with a wet cloth for at-least 4 hours.
- After 4 hours make lemon sized balls from the dough.
- On a large flat surface like your kitchen counter top apply oil and roll the ball as thin as possible. Dont worry about the shape for now.
- Start from the longest end. Make a fold of about half inch toward the inner side. Next, fold it again so that first fold doesn't goes inside but stays outside, in the shape of "S". Continue to fold on the fashion to create "zipzag" fashion in terms of folding.
- Roll the zipzag pattern to come to the round shape as show in the picture.
- Now roll the dough in your desired shape (the popular shape is circle shape).
- Heat the tawa (pan) and place the rolled out disc on the tawa. You don't need much oil now. If you want just add 1/2 tsp of oil and cook well both sides.
- Take 3 parottas and keep the parotos in between the palms of 2 hands and do like clapping the hands.
- Serve it when it is hot. They don’t taste very good when cold.