Oats make a great healthy breakfast. We usually have Oats for breakfast roughly twice in a week. You can have Oats with a glass of Milk and with any of the fruits like Apple, Banana, Chikoo etc., and dry fruits like Walnuts, Figs/Anjoor, Dates etc., One can prepare quite a few dishes from Oats like Oats Upma, Cookies, Soups etc. Will explore some of these oats recipes and post them in coming days.
- 1/2 cup Oats (any variety)
- 3 tsp Sugar
- 1 cup Milk/Water
- Few raisins
- Take the oats into large bowl.
- Add raisins. Now stir the raisins in so all the ingredients are mixed nicely.
- Add milk (With more milk, the oatmeal will be thin and soupy. With less milk, the oatmeal is thick and sticky). You could also use water.
- Heat the mixture for 3 minutes. Stir occasionally.
- Remove from heat and transform into another bowl, allow it to warm.
- Now your fresh healthy Oats breakfast is ready to savored.
- You can add the dry fruits like Walnuts, Fig and Dates into small pieces.
- You can go fruits like Apple, Banana, Chikoo etc. into cubed sized pieces.