Puttu (also known as Pittu) is a sweet dish. This was one of my favourite dish. My mother used to prepare this sweet puttu when we were kids, she makes these puttu even for breakfast or else for snacks. This dish gets ready in very less time
- 2 cups Rice flour
- 1/2 cup Grated Jaggery or Sugar
- 1/2 cup Grated coconut
- 1 tsp Cardamom
- 1 tsp Ghee
- Few Cashews (option)
- Roast the rice flour in a pan for 3 minutes.
- Add the water little by little in the fried rice flour and mix the flour so that the flour should be wet and not like a dough. We need to steam the rice and it requires little humid. So, please be careful by not adding more water.
- In a Puttu mould place the mixed puttu powder and close the lid.
- Steam it by keeping the puttu maker on a pressure cooker or a regular puttu making vessel for 5 minutes.
- Remove from mould carefully and and transfer to a big plate or a dish.
- Smash if they are some lumps, add the grated Jaggery, grated coconut, cardamom powder, ghee and mix everything.
- Add Cashews and serve it!