- 1 cup Raw Rice
- 2 cups milk
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup grated Jaggery (Bellam)
- ¼ cup of Ghee
- 3 Cardamom
- 1/4 cup cashew nuts and raisins
METHOD OF PREPARATION:
- Heat a tbsp of ghee and fry the cashewnuts,raisins till golden brown. Remove from pan and keep aside.
- Wash and soak rice for half an hour.
- To the rice add two cups of water and cook till soft.
- Now add milk and cook again.
- When the rice absorbs the milk add grated jaggery.
- Mix thoroughly and cook on medium-low heat for about 10 minutes till the Paramannam reaches porridge like consistency.
- Now sprinkle the crushed cardamom powder and add cashews and raisins.Mix well.
- Turn off the heat.Keep it covered for 5 minutes further thickens on cooling.
- Now yummy Paramannam is ready to serve.