- 2 cups all purpose flour/maida
- Pinch of salt (option)
- 2 tsp ghee
- Oil to fry
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 tsp cardamom powder
- Mix the All-purpose flour, Ghee and salt. Then add water to this mix little by little knead the dough to chapathi consistency. Keep this covered aside for half an hour.
- Meanwhile prepare the sugar syrup by boiling 1.5 cups of water with 1 cup of sugar. Boil it in medium flame, making sure you stir in once every couple of minutes. (To check whether the sugar syrup is ready or not, you put a drop of the syrup in a small cup of water, you should be able to gather it into a soft ball).
- The syrup should be ready with half an hour. Finally add some cardamom powder to the syrup for flavour.
- Now back to the dough and make small balls of it and roll it into medium thickness pooris.
- Now make lines (slits vertically) using a knife without cutting the edges.
- Roll it and press the edges.
- Repeat for the rest of the dough.
- Heat oil on medium flame. Deep fry this is oil and then once it becomes nice golden brown transfer it to sugar syrup. Let in stay in the sugar syrup for 5 minutes before you move it on to a closed storage container.