Coriander leaves-Kothimeera are most commonly used ingredients in meal preparations from garnishing to making various dishes. Coriander leaves are rich source of minerals and vitamins, including thiamine, vitamin C, riboflavin, phosphorus, calcium, iron, niacin, sodium, carotene, oxalic acid, and potassium. They also contain carbohydrates, protein, fat, fiber and water. Parsley is known as best cleaning treatment for kidneys and also helps to treat many illnesses.
- 2 cups chopped fresh coriander leaves
- 1 cup fresh pudina/mint leaves
- 2-3 green chillies
- 2 tbsps tamarind juice
- 1 1/2 tsps grated jaggery
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 1 red chilli-cut into two
- Few curry leaves
- Wash pudina and coriander leaves thoroughly and allow the water to drain.
- Take all the ingredients and grind to a smooth paste in a blender using sufficient water.
- Heat oil in a kadai, add mustard seeds,urad dal,red chilli and curry leaves. Add to chutney.
- Green Chutney is ready to serve.
- Enjoy this green chutney with salads,bread,samosas etc.