Snake Gourds (Potlakaya) are rich in vitamins. Especially for persons suffering with low Hemoglobin content this vegetable is a natural source. These vegetables are tasty and also light on stomach. Snake Gourd Curry is a reasy and simple to prepare which is a great combination to both rice and roti. Find here the recipe of Snake Gourd Curry.
- 1 Snake Gourds
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Urad Dal
- 2 Red Chillies
- Few Curry Leaves
- Salt to taste
- 2 tsp grated dry Coconut
- 3 tsp Oil
- First wash and clean the snake gourds. Chop the snake gourds into pieces.
- Heat a pan and add oil to it.
- When oil is hot add urad dal, mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fry till the seeds splutter. Now add red chilies and curry leaves.
- Now add the choped snake gourd pieces and mix well. Add salt and mix well.
- Fry for 5-10 mins until the snake gourd pieces become soft.
- Then stir the curry and cook for another 5 mins on low flame.
- Finally garnish with grated coconut and fry for 2mins then turn off the flame.
- Transfer the curry to a serving bowl and serve hot with plain rice.