A coconut (Sanskrit: narikela) is an essential element of rituals in Hindu tradition. It is offered during worship to a Hindu god or goddess The Hindu goddess of well-being and wealth, Lakshmi, is often shown holding a coconut.The coconut palm can be used by humans in some manner and has significant economic value. Coconuts' versatility is sometimes noted in its naming. In Sanskrit, it is kalpa vriksha ("the tree which provides all the necessities of life"). Cocnut rice is simple and easy to make.
- 1 cup boiled rice
- 1 cup grated fresh coconut
- Salt to taste
- 1 tsp ghee
- 1 tbsp chana dal
- 1 tsp urad dal
- 2 tbsp groundnuts
- 1/2 tsp mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds
- 3-4 green chillies,slit lengthwise
- Few curry leaves
- Few cashew nuts
- Few coriander leaves for garnishing
- Heat ghee in a pan. Add mustard seeds,jeera,cashewnuts,groundnuts,urad dal,chana dal,curry leaves and green chillies one by one.Fry for a minute.
- Now add the grated coconut,saute for 2 minutes. Take care that coconut not get burnt.
- To this add boiled rice,salt and mix well.
- Finally garnish with ground nuts,cashew nuts and coriander leaves.
- Coconut rice is ready to serve.