- Munagaaku (Drum stick leaves)
- ½ cup Urad dal
- 2 tea spoon Coriander seeds
- 1 tea spoon Cumin seeds
- 4 pods Garlic cloves
- Small gooseberry size Tamarind
- 8 Dry red chillies
- 4 tea spoons Oil
- Salt to taste
- Make sure the Munagaaku (Drum stick leaves) are clean and absolutely moisture free. If they are not dry, you can dry them in shade by spreading them on kitchen towels or cotton cloth.
- Heat oil in a pan add Urad dal dryroast for few minutes.
- Once the urad dal changes colour to light brown; add the Coriander seeds, Cumin seeds and the dry red chillies fry this for one minute. Allow all the ingredients to cool.
- Take another pan and heat it when it gets heat; add the drumstick leaves and fry till they become dry.
- Blend every thing coarsely except the roasted leaves.
- When they are half done, add the roasted drum stick leaves, tamarind pulp, garlic cloves, salt into a coarse powder.
- Transfer into a bowl and serve with steam rice by adding ghee.