- 1 cup Basmati rice
- 1 bunch of Fenugreek leaves (Methi leaves)
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- 2 Green chilies
- 4 cloves of Garlic
- 1 piece Cinnamon
- 4 Cloves
- A small piece of Ginger
- Few Cashew nuts
- Salt to taste
HOW TO MAKE METHI PULAO:
- Wash rice and soak in water for a half-an-hour.
- Meanwhile wash the methi leaves thoroughly and then finely chop the methi leaves. Keep them aside.
- Slice vertically through the onion on the long side.
- Heat a table spoon of ghee in a pan and add cashew nuts. Fry them till they turn golden brown. Remove them and keep aside.
- In the same pan fry the sliced onion till they turn golden brown. Remove from them and keep them aside.
- Now grind the green chilies, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cloves.
- Take a bowl, and heat remaining ghee then add this ground masala paste. You can add more ghee if you feel like you needs it.
- Fry the masala for a minute. Then add the drained methi leaves and saute for a minute or two.
- Then add the soaked rice. Cook rice in the cooker or microwave, add water double the amount of rice then add salt and close the lid of the cooker.
- If you cook rice in Cooker, cook till first whistle goes off, then turn off the stove and release half of its pressure. After all of the pressure is released open the cooker.
- Or if you cook rice in the Microwave, put rice in the microwave and set it for 15 minutes.
- Once done, garnish the fried onions and cashew nuts.
- Finally serve Methi Rice Pulao with curd or chutney.