Broken Wheat Rava also known as Bansi Rava (or) Bansi sooji. Broken wheat is a wheat product made from Whole Raw Wheat Kernels which are crushed or cut into smaller pieces. The Durum Broken makes several popular dietary supplements in many cultures. It is highly nutritious, as it does not undergo refining.
- 1 cup Bansi Rava/Broken Wheat
- 1 cup powdered Jaggery (or Sugar)
- 3 cups Water
- 3 tablespoon Ghee
- ½ tablespoon Cardamom Powder
- Few Kismis / raisins
- Few Cashew / Almonds
METHOD OF PREPERATION:
- Take a Pan/ Kadai roast the cashew in 3 tablespoon of ghee and keep aside.
- Then fry the Bansi Rava in the same pan for about 5 minutes. Then keep aside the Rava.
- Then take a heavy bottom Kadai / pan heat 3 cups of water.
- Once the water boiled add powered jaggery mix well for 5 minutes.
- Once the Jaggery is boiled and dissolved completely, add the Bansi Rava fry to the water and mix well on low flame.
- Add the cardamom powder and mix well.
- Add the fried cashews and the raisins and remove quickly.
- Tasty Bansi Rava Kesari is ready to eat.