Beetroot is a dark red vegetable with an acquired taste and also contains potassium, magnesium and iron as well as vitamins A, B6 and C, and folic acid. It has been linked with better stamina, improved blood flood and lower blood pressure.
- 1 Beetroot
- 1 cup thick Curd (Dahi)
- Salt to taste
- 1 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 tea spoon roasted cumin seeds powder
- 1 tea spoon Oil
- 1/2 tea spoon Mustard Seeds
- 1/2 tea spoon Urad dal
- Curry leaves
- Wash,peel and grate the beetroot using a grater.
- Take a bowl and add thick curd in it and whisk well.
- Now add grated beetroot, salt, chopped green chilli,roasted cumin seeds powder and mix well.
- Heat oil and add mustard seeds,urad dal and curry leaves.Remove from heat and pour over curd mixture.Mix well.
- Beetroot raita is ready to serve as a condiment or dip.