- 1 cup Sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoon Tamarind pulp
- ½ teaspoon Mustard seeds
- ½ teaspoon Cumin seeds
- ½ teaspoon Urad dal
- 3 dry Red chillies
- Salt to taste
- Few Curry leaves
HOW TO PREPARE?
- Heat the oil, then roast the Sesame seeds, dry red chilies (green chilies instead if not using dry chilies) and saute on medium flame for 2 minutes till you start getting a nice fragrance. Keep aside.
- Grind roasted ingredients with tamarind with little water to smooth paste. Add water as needed.
- Once done, transfer the chutney to serving bowl.
- In small pan heat 1 teaspoon oil add mustard seeds, cumin seeds, urad dall and let them splutter, add curry leaves and saute until dal becomes golden brown, pour over prepared chutney and mix well.
- Serve with breakfast like dosa, idlies.