What do you need?
- 1/2 cup Corn flour
- 1 1/2 cups Sugar
- 2 cups Water
- Few Cashew nuts
- Ghee as required
- A pinch of Ealchi powder
- A pinch of orange food color
You can prepare Corn flour halwa using with/without Microwave. I explain both methods:
Preparation steps using Microwave:
- Mix corn flour, sugar, ealchi, water and food colour in a microwave bowl without a lump.
- Microwave this mixture in high for 6 minutes.
- In between, after 2.5 minutes mix well and microwave again.
- Microwave again for 5 minutes with stirring in between at 2.5 minutes.
- Fry cashews in ghee till golden brown and mix well with the halwa mixture.
- Grease a plate with ghee and pour the halwa on it. Let it cool down completely for atleast one hour and then refrigerate it.
- Cut into small pieces.
- So it is ready!
- Eat and enjoy the delicious sweet corn flour halwa.
Preparation steps without using Microwave:
- Slightly fry the cornflour in simmer for 2 minutes.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan, mix water , sugar and corn flour together without forming lumps stir it continuously.
- After a while add orange color.
- Heat the pan and stir the mixture continuously in low-medium flame.
- After 10 minutes, you may notice that the mixture will start thickening and will have jelly like consistency.
- At this stage, add cardamom powder, ghee to the cornflour jelly and stir for another few minutes.
- Meanwhile, fry cashews in ghee till golden brown and mix well with the halwa mixture.
- Grease a plate with ghee and pour the halwa on it. Let it cool down completely for atleast one hour.
- Cut them into small pieces. Delicious Corn flour halwa is ready to serve!
- Can keep in fridge for 3 days.